Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 17:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 18:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 22:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 00:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3125W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2114W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2474W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 943W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 03:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1958W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 370W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 06:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 07:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 10:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 412W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1676W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2965W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed