未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 71 days out

omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1912W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2074W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2574W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2597W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1010W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2151W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1404W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3002W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 12:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed