Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
A 3155W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3006W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 650W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2951W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2981W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed