Welcome to the Future

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 242W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2164W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2601W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2334W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 490W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed