Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Suppliers: your contract must-haves

quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 17:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2602W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1212W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 879W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 01:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 170W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2248W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1816W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3346W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 381W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1808W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
A 1359W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2603W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1838W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 668W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 17:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3154W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2648W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed