← Forum ·
General
What brought you to the forum this week?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3202W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2228W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1960W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 08:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 922W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3324W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 190W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 18:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2333W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3186W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 09:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 394W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1639W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2275W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2641W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 2996W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 799W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 00:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 952W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 03:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 703W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1471W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1814W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 2832W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2786W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1679W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 14:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3133W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1716W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1226W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 00:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2215W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1234W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2685W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2090W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 365W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1150W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 14:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 17:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 371W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.