Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
A 189W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 208W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1371W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
A 2470W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 334W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 06:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3039W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2407W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1176W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 15:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 920W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed