Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
A 2497W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 358W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 23:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 434W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 134W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2069W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3110W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
A 583W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2147W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1636W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 663W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2694W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 597W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2801W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed