Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2238W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2678W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2387W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2292W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2683W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 202W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 08:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2703W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 257W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 12:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 15:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2712W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
A 1656W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2342W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed