Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

LTC miners check in — how's stability?

noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 535W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 22:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 971W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 775W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2556W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 243W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 258W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 14:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3157W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed