← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Fan swaps that actually lowered noise
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2962W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2757W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2733W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1141W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 02:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 873W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 06:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3038W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.