Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1041W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 02:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 04:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 06:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2806W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1822W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2799W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
A 1909W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2039W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 1038W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. a 2722W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2832W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 22:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 874W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 23:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
A 574W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 04:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 997W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 11:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2649W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 408W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed