Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 17:40 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 20:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2520W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 23:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3288W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2167W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2520W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 15:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2909W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1951W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 01:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3151W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2051W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2173W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 900W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2558W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1876W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3038W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 04:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my KS3 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2066W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2683W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 10:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2956W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 19:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 20:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2528W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2334W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 510W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 3125W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1203W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2690W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 01:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 188W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. a 2513W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. a 3047W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3343W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed