Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1957W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2207W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1752W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1264W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 09:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 267W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 2158W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
A 3389W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 791W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 501W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 120W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1560W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
A 2851W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2056W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 16:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 562W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed