← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
What made you start mining in the first place?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 89W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 596W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 958W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2204W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M60 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 12:10 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2798W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 21:50 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2464W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1610W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 00:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3084W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2970W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.