欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Bear-market bench projects check-in

golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 871W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2379W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 01:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1706W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3147W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 09:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 14:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed