Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 39 days out

golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1259W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2016W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 16:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed