Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1992W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 00:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2692W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 03:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 93W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2192W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 898W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3348W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2028W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed