欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Launch-sniping etiquette and tactics

rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 16:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 17:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3190W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 68W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 489W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
A 2376W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 523W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 783W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 08:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3382W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1541W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1860W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 903W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 3385W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 664W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2671W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 399W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed