← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 17:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2184W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 114W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 04:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 18:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1016W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.