미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2130W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3076W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1680W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
A 2002W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2303W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1999W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2308W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 960W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2643W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 16:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed