Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 17:40 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 727W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 00:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 03:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 419W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 07:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2529W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2396W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2364W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 165W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed