← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 18:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 04:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2523W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2966W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 14:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 173W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?