Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 426W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2401W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 21:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2520W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 00:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2594W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1924W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 07:20 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2391W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1785W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed