Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 4

omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 02:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 03:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2139W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 12:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 12:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 13:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3094W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3058W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 979W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1089W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3342W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1128W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2072W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed