Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

night-node-496 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1783W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3322W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. a 1517W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 04:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1395W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 09:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 10:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 10:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 539W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 13:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 180W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed