Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Best budget PSU finds this month

brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1456W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3051W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1707W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 04:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1010W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1885W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 11:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. a 429W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 149W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 14:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1218W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 338W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2460W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3240W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 20:20 UTC
A 1864W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 815W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 08:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3081W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3088W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 3147W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 22:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2665W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 23:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 02:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2943W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 08:30 UTC
A 453W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 12:10 UTC
A 1510W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3021W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed