Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3093W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2721W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 226W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2617W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1597W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 10:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2293W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 807W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2833W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed