未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1602W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 567W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 946W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 143W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 10:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 359W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 864W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 423W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 873W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 315W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1008W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 03:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 05:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2431W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 08:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 09:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1228W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed