Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3342W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 19:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 19:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2808W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 21:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
A 3173W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 01:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 02:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
A 2262W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 12:00 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1759W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed