未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1913W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1337W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2424W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1510W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
A 1267W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 13:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed