미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2344W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 18:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2174W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3067W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2149W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2840W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 460W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1900W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 11:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 2047W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 17:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 925W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2182W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. a 1683W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1264W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 67W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 299W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 09:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 604W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 932W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 02:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1332W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1033W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1511W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 657W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 16:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 16:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed