Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 23:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 410W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 02:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3397W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 422W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 895W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 10:10 UTC
A 2192W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1763W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2131W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 17:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 18:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 19:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2224W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 00:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2589W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 02:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 58W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2910W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 13:00 UTC
A 910W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed