未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 73 days out

quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2551W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 71W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 00:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 00:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 02:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 398W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 03:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 891W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1031W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 11:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 462W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1425W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1385W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed