Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · General

Forum feature wishes — keep them coming

quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 344W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2105W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1301W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1636W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 02:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2134W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2348W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 506W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1778W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 17:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 18:20 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 18:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 19:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 400W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 22:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1028W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 907W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1407W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2507W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2250W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 11:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 12:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3064W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 624W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2654W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 766W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3048W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 02:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 07:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2579W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 08:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 641W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 1626W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 909W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 12:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 14:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1856W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 373W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1744W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 487W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 06:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2096W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed