未来へようこそ

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

ETC miners check in — how's stability?

night-block-742 · 02/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1333W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 21:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 464W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 22:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2252W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1558W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 04:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1498W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 05:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2714W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1331W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 09:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 13:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 17:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 17:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 17:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 19:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 184W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3265W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 00:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 00:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
A 3046W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 09:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 18:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2763W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2370W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2072W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed