Welcome to the Future

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 19:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 40W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 23:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 854W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 1087W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 07:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. a 1865W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 10:30 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1937W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed