欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

quiet-cipher-484 · 03/09/26 18:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 972W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 218W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3227W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1301W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 139W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2956W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
A 300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 10:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2266W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1636W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 15:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 933W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 15:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 120W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 1176W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 18:20 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 21:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2009W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 02:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 790W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 06:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
A 407W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3316W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 757W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2294W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 182W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 3247W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 18:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3269W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 09:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed