미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1664W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3188W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3105W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1795W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1418W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 00:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2849W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2170W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3347W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1663W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1015W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2048W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1846W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1545W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2718W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 14:00 UTC
A 3070W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 597W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2584W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2843W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed