Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

What corner of the cryptoverse are you exploring this week?

quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3320W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 22:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 03/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 01:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 03:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 05:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 06:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 12:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 14:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1262W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2279W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 23:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 23:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 754W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 548W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 912W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my KS3 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 749W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 648W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1997W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 05:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 388W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 08:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 11:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 527W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 2161W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2920W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1344W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2211W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 06:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 799W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3264W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 612W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
A 745W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 828W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed