Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 03/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 03/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 23:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1255W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 02:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 03:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1140W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 04:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 06:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3067W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2220W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/09/26 08:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 11:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 11:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2610W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 12:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2460W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 14:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 22:00 UTC
A 836W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
A 2528W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 112W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3182W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 07:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 308W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 09:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 21:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 21:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2236W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2950W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 01:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2893W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 03:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 03:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3290W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
A 2126W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 10:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 589W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
A 3300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1743W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 21:10 UTC
A 2742W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 515W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 01:10 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 01:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 566W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 02:20 UTC
A 390W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 03:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1192W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 04:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 04:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1614W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2850W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 585W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 411W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. a 352W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2659W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 10:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
A 775W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1950W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 621W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 12:30 UTC
A 2602W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2651W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2195W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 164W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 255W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 00:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 03:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 08:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1400W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 20:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2034W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed