← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Undervolting results thread — share your curves
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 15:20 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 15:50 UTC
A 878W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2437W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 16:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?