Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/09/26 16:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/09/26 17:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 19:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1034W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 05:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1853W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 14:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1949W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 19:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3124W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed