미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 21:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1138W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3320W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2180W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 01:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
A 2011W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 02:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 03:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 09:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2794W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 13:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed