Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 18:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 18:10 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 18:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/09/26 19:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/09/26 19:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3279W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 955W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1353W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 2353W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 01:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1916W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 05:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1838W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 10:10 UTC
A 1208W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1682W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 11:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 12:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed