Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 19:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 313W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 04/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 475W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 02:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3023W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2009W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1728W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 11:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 146W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed