欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 27 days out

golden-stratum-402 · 04/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1949W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 04/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 00:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 02:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 03:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2114W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 04:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 06:10 UTC
A 2969W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 08:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 10:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 11:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed