Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/09/26 15:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1545W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 328W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 20:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
A 342W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3187W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3237W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 17:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed