Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 16:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 139W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 590W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1648W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 01:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 03:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1340W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 06:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 08:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 10:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1455W nobody budgets for.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed