Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2300W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 19:00 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. a 1356W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2445W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 09:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3189W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2162W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3164W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
A 3281W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 73W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3366W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 21:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 22:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 02:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1185W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1887W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 06:50 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 495W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2029W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 21:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 22:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 545W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 03:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 07:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 661W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1721W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2704W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 14:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2065W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 19:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 19:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed